A perfect aura to widen the horizons and inflame the nous

A perfect aura to widen the horizons and inflame the nous

Thought for the day
★~★~★ Every sunset gives us one day less to live! But every sunrise give us one more day of hope. So always hope for the best★~★~★
Current Buzz
Quick Links
Campus Spotlight
Upcoming Happenings @ Christ School

OUR LEGACY


The Congregation of Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) is the first indigenous religious congregation in the Catholic Church of India. Fr. Thomas Palackal, Fr. Thomas Porukara and Fr. Kuriakose Chavara of the Syro-Malabar Church of apostolic origin founded a religious house at Mannanam on 11 May 1831. On 8 December 1855, the religious Congregation was canonically approved and the first eleven fathers made their religious profession.

St. Chavara, the only surviving founder, was appointed the first superior of the Congregation. The Congregation was granted pontifical exemption in 1967. In 1871, on January 3rd, Fr. Kuriakose Elias Chavara, after a short but painful illness, passed away at Koonammavu preserving his baptismal innocence unto death. His mortal remains were transferred from Koonammavu to Mannanam in 1889 and have been interred in St. Joseph’s Monastery church.

CMI IN THE PATH OF EDUCATION

CMI Congregation has a huge and wide network of various types educational institutions; according to the latest statistics 2013, we have 151 Kindergartens, 170 Lower Primary Schools, 150 Upper Primary Schools, 136 High Schools, 77 Higher Secondary Schools, 30 Arts, Science, Commerce and Education Colleges of varying sizes and enrolments, 6 Nursing Colleges/ Schools, 1 Polytechnic, 6 Industrial Training Centers, 2 Engineering Colleges, 1 Medical College and 1Deemed University. We have also entered into other forms and areas of education demanded by the special needs of our times, like training the handicapped, adult education and various types of non-formal education; today we run 12 institutions for the training of the differently challenged and have 55 non-formal education centers and 24 cultural or dialogue centers.

HISTORY OF CHRIST SCHOOL

Christ school was founded in June 1984. The beginning was humble with just hundred students and six teachers. The then Rector of Dharmaram College Rev. Fr. Justin Koyipuram blessed the school building with three class rooms on 3rd June 1984 in the presents of parents and well wishers.

The idea of a school with reference to the request by the general public especially the Christian minority of the locality was approved by the Christ educational society held on September 7th 1983 in Dhararam College and the matter was entrusted to Rev. Fr. Benedict CMI and Rev. Fr. John Marius CMI. Their hard work was a powerful back in the development of the school into an outstanding institution. The first SSLC batch of 41 students came out with flying colours in March 1990 under the able guidance of the founding principal Rev. Fr. John Marius CMI. The ICSE section started in 2007 by the then principal Rev. Fr. Joseph Rathapallil CMI. The school began to function as two separate schools from May 2013 shifting the state syllabus to Dharmaram campus .

At Christ the students are encouraged to be creative, reflective and motivated learners. Individual talents of the children are spotted, nourished and encouraged. Apart from a rigorous academic programme an equally outstanding co-curricular activities for students empower them with a holistic education making them competitive.